If you’re having trouble with the stairs, you’re certainly not alone. For some people, what begins as discomfort while climbing the stairs can grow into a seemingly overwhelming problem.
If, like many of the people we talk to every day, you’re concerned about stairs becoming an obstacle – either physically or mentally – it might be time for a change.
Tony and Inge have been brave enough to share their experiences of the moment they realised they needed a stairlift in the video below. While the benefits have been genuinely life-changing, accepting they needed one was the hardest challenge. However, in their succinct and moving account they prove that the decision needn’t have been as daunting as it first appeared.
Winning a battle against the stairs can only begin when you’re aware that one has begun. The following indicators may suggest that it’s time to take action:
Family members are worrying about how you get up the stairs
- Are you facing difficult conversations with children, or grandchildren? Or even a friend or next-door neighbour? If other people make it clear they are worried about you, it may be worth thinking twice about whether you are genuinely safe going up and down the stairs unaided.
You find yourself using unusual ways to get up the stairs
- The once simple journey up and down might now seem almost insurmountable; only possible if you approach it in a way that could adversely affect your health. For instance, if you are going up the stairs on all-fours, could you be putting yourself in more danger?
Going up and down the stairs is having a disproportionate effect on your energy for the rest of your day
- Our aim is that our stairlifts offer a way to give you back time, energy and your family peace of mind. We regularly hear from customers who tell us they feel more “enabled” thanks to their stairlift. With more energy, you have the strength to get on with the things that really matter to you.
So, what are the next steps?
- Voice your concerns: confide in family or friends about how you are feeling and find out if they can support you through the process.
- Speak to one of our consultants. They will ask questions to make sure they understand your needs and wants. If a stairlift is the right answer for you, they will measure your staircase, assessing what type of rail it will require.
- You can choose the upholstery and any other additional features that you see fitting in your home.
- Only then, do we provide an accurate no-obligation quotation.
- You decide, in your own time, if you would like to go ahead and we promise that the price we quote will be the price you pay; no hidden extras.
- We’ve been selling stairlifts for 40 years and take pride in knowing our dedicated teams can find a way to help you regain confidence in your own home, allowing you to focus on the things that really matter.
We want to help ensure that the stairs do not become a battle or difficult hurdle to face on a daily basis in your own home. By installing a stairlift, you can start making the most out of every day – and most importantly improve your overall quality of life. Ultimately, considering a stairlift sooner rather than later means you can reap the benefits for many years to come.